To be designated as a Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace, businesses must have the following:
- Reasonable break time for working mothers to pump breast milk, as needed, throughout the work period
- One or more permanent breastfeeding/lactation rooms or a clean, private, and safe space with an outlet, other than a toilet stall that mothers can use for lactation when needed
- A working sink near the breastfeeding/lactation location where mothers can clean pumping equipment
- The lactation support (a place to pump and time allowed for breaks) is communicated to all current and future employees
To be designated as a Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace Champion, businesses must have all of the above requirements, in addition to:
- A written policy to support workplace lactation that meets minimum federal law requirements
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like some technical assistance in establishing lactation accommodations.
In compliance with Louisiana state law, all but 3 public school boards in Louisiana have passed policies to support school employees who breastfeed. These school boards and the schools under their jurisdiction have also been designated as Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace Champions.