The Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition is your voice for state and national breastfeeding advocacy. Our organization is committed to improving state and community support of breastfeeding by leading collaborative actions for advocacy, education and coalition building.
The LBC is in the process of re-structuring it’s membership and the process for becoming a member. Currently, LBC membership is available to individuals only. Membership runs annually from July 1 – June 30. Individuals who wish to become a member of the LBC must complete this membership survey for 2022-2023.
The membership fee is $10 paid through the PayPal link below. If this fee is a hardship, you may pay at a sliding scale. If you are not a member but would like to support us, you can donate at the same link below to help us accomplish our goals across the state!
As a member of the Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition, you will be making an important contribution to advancing breastfeeding in Louisiana. Your active participation in the Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition helps us to improve the legislative, workplace and cultural climate of breastfeeding in Louisiana.
- Be a part of a multi-disciplinary group dedicated to improving the health of Louisiana’s families
- Receive up-to-date news and information related to breastfeeding internationally, nationally and locally
- Stay informed of important advocacy efforts from the United States Breastfeeding Committee and the LBC
- Voting privileges
- Receive technical assistance with establishing workplace lactation accommodations
- Network with other lactation professionals and participate in continuing education opportunities
The Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition is supported by our individual and organizational donors. Some projects are supported with a small amount of grant funding. But to do the work needed to improve Louisiana’s breastfeeding initiation and duration rates, we need support from hospitals, healthcare professionals, businesses and you! Support the Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition by making a contribution below. LBC’s passionate supporters are a crucial part in creating a change in Louisiana’s breastfeeding environment and helping mothers reach their breastfeeding goals. Breastfeeding and its support are crucial to the physical, social, ecological and economic health of our state.